1. Are you an approved continuing education provider?
Yes, Anytime Certification is an approved provider and is approved by the Illinois Department of Professional and Business Regulation to offer continuing education for cosmetology. Our Illinois CE sponsor registration number is 190.000675.
2. How do I renew my cosmetology license?
In order to renew your cosmetology license, you must complete your continuing education hours within the 2 years prior to your license expiration. You must also apply for your license to be renewed in the month preceding the license expiration as well as pay the renewal fee to the board. You can apply for your license to be renewed on the IDFPR website here
3. Is anyone exempt from the continuing education requirement?
No. As of 2017, there are no longer any exemptions provided for anyone, regardless of age or years of experience. You can read the full statement on the IDFPR website here.
4. Will you provide me with a certificate of completion?
Yes, as soon as you have completed the class, you will be emailed a certificate of completion.
5. Do I need to show my certificate to IDFPR to prove that I completed my continuing education hours?
When you renew your license, you may be asked to show proof that you have completed your continuing education hours, so make sure to save a copy of your certificate of completion.
6. Will you report my completed hours to the board?
No, we will send you a certificate of completion as proof that you have completed your continuing education hours.
7. What about the new requirement for domestic violence as part of the continuing education hours? Do you offer this class?
Currently, the IDFPR has not given the specific requirements for the domestic violence continuing education class. However, we do plan to offer this course if the IDFPR rules that all renewals must have this one-hour class as a part of their continuing education.
8. When does my license expire?
- Cosmetologists – September 30 of odd numbered years
- Estheticians – September 30 of even numbered years
- Nail Technicians – October 31 of even numbered years
- Hair Braiders – October 31 of even numbered years
9. I have a cosmetology license from another state and want to obtain an Illinois cosmetology license. What do I need to do to obtain my Illinois cosmetology license?
License holders from other states and territories may be eligible for an Illinois license. To see the specific requirements to obtain your Illinois license, please check the IDFPR website here
For more information about cosmetology or barbers in Illinois, please visit the Illinois State Board of Cosmetology and Barbers website here.
If you have additional questions about our classes, you can contact us by phone at 1-800-913-1517 or email at email@example.com