1. Are you an approved continuing education provider?
Yes, Anytime Certification is an approved provider and is approved by the Ohio State Cosmetology and Barber Board. Our Course Approval Number is 190750.
2. Are you approved to provide the required 2 hours of Safety and Infection Control?
Yes, our 2-hour Health Safety and Sanitation class meets the requirements set by the board.
3. What do I need to do in order to renew my license?
In order to renew your license, you must complete 8 hours of continuing education by January 15, 2021, as well as pay a renewal fee to the Ohio State Cosmetology and Barber Board. You can find the website to renew your license on the state board site website HERE.
4. How do I take the required hour of laws and rules?
The one hour course on Ohio laws and rules is provided only by the board. You can find instructions for how to complete this course on the state board website HERE.
5. Will you report back to the board that I have completed my continuing education?
Yes, we will report back to the board that you have completed your continuiing education hours.
6. Will you provide me with a certificate of completion?
Yes, as soon as you have completed the class, you will be able to download a certificate of completion. However, this is just for your records as we will report back to the board that you have completed your continuiing education hours.
7. Is anyone exempt from the continuing education requirement?
Yes, there are 3 cases for which continuing education is not required:
- If you are age 65 or older by October 3, 2020 you do not need to take CE
- If you have had your license with the board for at least 30 years by October 3, 2020 you do not need CE
- If this is your first Ohio Esthetician license, you do not need CE for the first renewal period.
8. My license is in an Inactive state, do I still need CE?
No, however in order to restore your license from Inactive to Active, you will be required to take CE.
9. Where can I see more information about the CE requirements in Ohio?
Please go to the Ohio State Cosmetology and Barber Board for more information HERE.
For more information about cosmetology or barbers in Ohio, please visit the Ohio State Cosmetology and Barber Board website HERE.