1. Is your course approved by the TDLR for cosmetology continuing education?
Yes, we are an approved provider for cosmetology continuing education. Our approved provider number is 2100 and our approved course number is 21130.
2. How do I renew my cosmetologist license?
In order to renew your license, you must take a 4-hour continuing education course as well as apply for your license to be renewed by TDLR before your license has expired. You can apply for your license to be renewed on the TDLR website HERE.
3. Will you report that I have completed my continuing education to TDLR?
Yes, as approved providers, we will always report the completion of your continuing education hours to TDLR.
4. Do I need to retain a copy of my certificate of completion?
Yes, TDLR rules state that each licensee should retain a copy of their continuing education completion certificates for at least 2 years.
5. What is the actual amount of instruction time required for the 4-hour cosmetology continuing education course?
TDLR rules state that one hour of continuing education is equivalent to 50 mins of actual instruction time. Our 4-hour course includes 3 hours and 20 minutes of actual class time.
6. Where can I check if my continuing education hours have been reported to TDLR?
You can verify that your hours have been reported be checking the TDLR website HERE. Please note that it can take up to 10 business days for your hours to be updated on the TDLR website.
7. Does your course satisfy the requirement set by the TDLR to include information on human trafficking?
Yes, our class meets this requirement and includes information on activities commonly associated with human trafficking; recognition of potential victims of human trafficking; and methods for assisting victims of human trafficking, including how to report human trafficking.
For more information about cosmetology in Texas, please visit the TDLR website HERE.