1. Who must obtain food handler training?
The Texas Department of State Health Services (TXDSHS), under Texas Food Establishment Rules (TFER) §228.33, requires that ‘…all food employees shall successfully complete an accredited food handler training course, within 60 days of employment.’
2. Who is a food employee?
Food employee is an individual working with unpackaged food, food equipment or utensils, or food-contact surfaces under TFER §228.2(56)
3. Who is exempt from food handler training?
The following are exempt from food handler training requirement:
- Certified Food Manager
- Food establishment that only serves pre-packaged items
- Temporary Food Establishment
The following are exempt from food handler training as long as they are supervised by a person who has had either food handler certification through an accredited course or is a Certified Food Manager:
- Individuals with an Intellectual Disability
- Persons in a rehabilitation or correctional facility that work with food or food related items as part of their rehabilitation
- Persons who aid in activities of daily living (ADLs) (such as but not limited to certified nurse assistants, nurses, etc.)
- Persons who distribute pre-portioned food items in settings such as but not limited to classrooms, daycare, and similar facilities.
- Volunteers, those individuals that work with food or food related items but are not employed by the food establishment
4. What is an accredited program?
A food handler education or training program approved by Texas Department of State Health Services (TXDSHS) or by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI).
5. Is your program an accredited food handling program?
Yes, Anytime Certification has been accredited by the TXDSHS to offer this course.
6. Where can I take your class?
You can register and complete our class from any cell phone, tablet or computer. Take it whenever and wherever it is convenient for you.
7. What will I receive to indicate that I've completed training through an accredited program?
We will email you a Texas Food Handler Certificate that is valid for 2 years after completion of our program. Additionally, you can log in to your account on AnytimeCertification.com to email your certificate at any time.>
8. Where is my Texas Food Handler Card valid?
Food Handler Cards or certificates issued by an accredited program are recognized throughout the state of Texas by regulatory authorities as the valid proof of successful completion of an accredited food handler education or training program under Texas Health and Safety Code.
9. The Texas Food Establishment Rules require specific training for bare hand contact of ready-to-eat foods. Does your program meet this training requirement?
Yes, our program is accredited by the TXDHS and includes training for bare hand contact of ready-to-eat foods.
10. How long is my food handler card or certificate valid?
The food handler certificate is valid for 2 years after completing the program. The completion date will be listed on the certificate.
For more information about the food handler requirement in Texas, please visit the TXDSHS food handlers website HERE.
Group Purchase FAQs
1. How does group purchase work?
If you purchase more than one course at a time, you will be registered as a manager and be provided with voucher codes for each course you purchase. You will then be able to login and download the voucher codes to give to your team. We have made it easy to copy them to clip board, or export to excel. Your team members will then be able to create an account and use the voucher codes to purchase the classes. When you login as a manager, you will be able to see the progress of your entire team.
2. How do I use my Voucher code?
Make sure you are logged in, then click the button above or go HERE.
3. How does your group purchase program benefit me?
By using our group purchase program you will be able to track all of your team's progress in one place with our manager-only report. Also, enjoy up to 20% savings.
If you have additional questions, please give us a call at 1-800-913-1517 or send us an email at AnytimeCertification@gmail.com