1. Is your course approved by the Virginia Board of Contractors for continuing education?
Yes, we are an approved provider for electrical contractor continuing education. Our provider license number is 2730000415 and our approved course number is 2731002945.
2. How do I renew my electrical contractor license?
In order to renew your electrical contractor license, you must take a 3-hour continuing education course as well as apply for your license to be renewed before your license has expired. You may take the continuing education at any point during the 2-year term of your license.
You can apply for your license to be renewed on the DPOR website HERE.
3. Will you report that I have completed my continuing education to the Virginia DPOR Board of Contractors?
Yes, as approved providers, we will always report the completion of your continuing education hours to DPOR Board of Contractors.
4. Do I need to retain a copy of my certificate of completion?
It is always best to retain a copy of your certificate of completion for your records at least until the next renewal cycle.
5. Can I have more information about your class?
Our class is a timed 3-hour class which covers some of the major changes that were made in the NEC 2014 update. The 3-hours includes the written material as well as a 10-question multiple choice test at the end of the course. You must score at least a 70%, and you will be given unlimited attempts to pass the test. Once you have purchased the class, you will have up to 6 months to complete.
6. I have both a journeyman electrical and master electrician licenses, do I need to complete 6 hours of continuing education?
No, you only need to complete three (3) hours of continuing education on the NEC in order to renew both licenses. Please make sure to include both of your license numbers when you start our class so that we can report both of your licenses correctly to the Board of Contractors.
For more FAQs answered by the DPOR Board of Contractors, please check their FAQs section HERE.
For more information about electricians in Virginia, please visit the DPOR Board of Contractors website HERE.