Ohio Cosmetology 7HR Renewal
This course is designed for Cosmetologists renewing their Ohio license. All Ohio licensed Cosmetologists must take 8 hours of continuing education by January 15, 2021 in order to renew their license.Add to Cart
Ohio Cosmetology 7HR Renewal
This course is designed for Cosmetologists renewing their Ohio license. All Ohio licensed Cosmetologists must take 8 hours of continuing education by January 15, 2021 in order to renew their license. 7 hours of the required CE can be taken with an approved provider and 1 hour of laws and rules must be taken directly from the board. Please see our FAQ section below for information on the required 1-hour laws and rules course.
This course is approved for Ohio Cosmetologists with a license type of Cosmetologist, Advanced Cosmetologist, and Managing Cosmetologist. Our course is broken up into 7 sections and there is a short quiz after each section to ensure full understanding of the material.
Our course meets all of the requirement set by the Ohio State Cosmetology and Barber Board and is easy and convenient to complete.
Simply register for the course and complete it anywhere that is convenient for you.
After completing the course, we will report back to the state that you have completed your continuing education. You will also be able to email yourself your certificate of completion, which you can maintain for your records.
The topics included in this course are:
- 2 hours of Sanitation and Sterilization
- 1 hour of Chemical Makeup of Hair Skin and Nails
- 1 hour of Environmental Issues in a Salon
- 1 hour of HIV Aids
- 1 hour of OSHA
- 1 hour of How to Manage a Business
1. Are you an approved continuing education provider?
Yes, Anytime Certification is an approved provider and is approved by the Ohio State Cosmetology and Barber Board. Our Course Approval Number is 190556.
2. Are you approved to provide the required 2 hours of Safety and Infection Control?
Yes, our 2-hour Health Safety and Sanitation class meets the requirements set by the board.
3. What do I need to do in order to renew my license?
In order to renew your license, you must complete 8 hours of continuing education bu January 15, 2021, as well as pay a renewal fee to the Ohio State Cosmetology and Barber Board. You can find the website to renew your license on the state board site website HERE.
4. How do I take the required hour of laws and rules?
The one hour course on Ohio laws and rules is provided only by the board. You can find instructions for how to complete this course on the state board website HERE.
5. Will you report back to the board that I have completed my continuing education?
Yes, we will report back to the board that you have completed your continuiing education hours.
6. Will you provide me with a certificate of completion?
Yes, as soon as you have completed the class, you will be able to download a certificate of completion. However, this is just for your records as we will report back to the board that you have completed your continuiing education hours.
7. Is anyone exempt from the continuing education requirement?
Yes, there are 3 cases for which continuing education is not required:
- If you are age 65 or older by October 3, 2020 you do not need to take CE
- If you have had your license with the board for at least 30 years by October 3, 2020 you do not need CE
- If this is your first Ohio cosmetology license, you do not need CE for the first renewal period.
8. My license is in an Inactive state, do I still need CE?
No, however in order to restore your license from Inactive to Active, you will be required to take CE.
9. Where can I see more information about the CE requirements in Ohio?
Please go to the Ohio State Cosmetology and Barber Board for more information HERE.
For more information about cosmetology or barbers in Ohio, please visit the Ohio State Cosmetology and Barber Board website HERE.
Simply register, purchase your course, and complete. All of our courses are structured in an easy to follow format.
Take your course anytime, anywhere. Our website is available 24/7 for you to complete your course.
Purchasing continuing education for your employees? We offer discounts starting with purchases of just 5 courses.
A copy of the certificate of completion will be emailed to you immediately upon completion of the course.
Valid in all Ohio counties for two years.
We strive for excellence in customer service: if you are not 100% satisfied with our services, we will provide you with a refund.
You can register with an email address and a password. We may ask for more information after you purchase a course.Register Now
Got questions? We are here to help.