2024 Georgia Cosmetology 5HR Renewal
This course is designed for Cosmetologists, Estheticians, Nail Technicians, Hair Designers, and Barbers renewing their Georgia license. Georgia cosmetology and barber licenses expire every 2 years and must be renewed by the expiration date in order to remain active. In order to renew your license, you must complete 5-hours of continuing education.
ANNOUNCEMENT: The renewal period for Master Cosmetologists is extended to April 30, 2024.
Georgia State Board Approved: Our course meets all the requirements set by the Georgia State Board of Cosmetology and Barbers.
Flexible Learning: Complete the course anywhere, anytime. Fit your education into your busy schedule and learn at your own pace.
Instant Certificate: Receive your certificate of completion instantly. Email it to yourself and submit it to the board hassle-free.
The topics included in this course are:
- Health and Safety (3HR)
- How to Start and Manage Your Own Business (2HR)
Don't miss out on this opportunity to enhance your skills and stay ahead in the industry. Keep your passion alive and renew your license stress-free. Enroll today!
Managers - Bulk Purchases
If you are a manager or team lead, we offer a group purchase option! If you purchase more than one class, you will be given vouchers to distribute to your team. Each team member can redeem the voucher to take the class. You will be able to track your team’s progress in our manager-only view.
If you were given a voucher, you will need to create an account and can redeem your voucher HERE
Georgia CE General Information
What do I need to do in order to renew my license?
In order to renew your license, you must complete 5 hours of continuing education, as well as pay a renewal fee to the Georgia State Board of Cosmetology and Barbers. You can find the website to renew your license on the state board site website HERE.
Does the course provide the required 3 hours of Health and Sanitation?
Yes, our 3-hour health and safety class meets the requirements set by the board.
How often do Cosmetologists have to renew their license in Georgia?
License Renewal Information
All cosmetologist and barber licenses expire every 2 years. Depending on the specialty, they will expire on different dates. Below are the details for when each type of license will expire:
- Master Cosmetologists – March 31 of even numbered years
- Estheticians – August 31 of odd numbered years
- Nail Technicians – August 31 of odd numbered years
- Hair Designers – September 30 of even numbered years
- Master Barber – December 31 of even numbered year
For the first license renewal, there is no requirement to fulfill Continuing Education (CE) hours. Subsequent renewals, however, necessitate the completion of five (5) hours of continuing education every two (2) years to renew licenses for master cosmetologist, esthetician, nail technician, or hair designer.
Master Barber, Barber II, and Barber Instructor licenses are 'exempt' from CE requirements until the 2018 renewal year. After that, they will be required every two years thereafter.
Continuing Education Requirements
How many hours of continuing education are required in Georgia?
For license renewal, each licensee is obligated to furnish the Board with evidence of completing a total of five (5) continuing education (CE) hours, in a format acceptable to the Board, as outlined below:
1. Three (3) hours of the total five (5) hours must be fulfilled through a health and safety course developed or sanctioned by the Board. The Board may accept a health and safety course or program, meeting or exceeding the three (3) hours requirement, if it has been developed and offered by a college, university department, or division of continuing education of the Department of Education, the Technical College System of Georgia, the Board of Regents, or The American Red Cross, without prior approval.
2. Two (2) hours of the total five (5) hours must be obtained through a course previously registered with the Board in any of the following areas:
Who qualifies for a waiver of continuing education requirements?
The first time you renew your license you are not required to meet the CE requirements. Every renewal after that, you must complete five (5) hours of continuing education every two (2) years in order to renew your license for master cosmetologist, esthetician, nail technician, or hair designer. A licensee who has held a license for 25 years or longer is eligible for a waiver of the continuing education requirement; or a licensee who can prove to the Board that he or she has a hardship may request a waiver.
The waiver request form may be downloaded HERE. Reinstatement applications ARE NOT eligible for a waiver of continuing education; Georgia law O.C.G.A. 43-10-10 requires documentation must be submitted for all required continuing education hours since the date the license lapsed. Additional information may be found on the reinstatement application. The Georgia State Board of Cosmetology and Barbers cannot waive this statutory requirement.
What if I don't complete my Continuing Education requirements on time?
Failure to Complete Continuing Education Requirements
- License Renewal Delays: Failing to fulfill your Continuing Education (CE) requirements by the specified deadline can lead to delays in the renewal of your cosmetology license in Georgia. You may not be able to renew your license until you've completed the required CE hours.
- Lapsed License: If you continue to operate with an expired or lapsed license, you could be in violation of state regulations, and this may result in penalties or disciplinary actions.
- Fines and Penalties: The Georgia State Board of Cosmetology can impose fines and penalties for non-compliance with CE requirements. These fines can increase the longer you remain non-compliant.
- Ineligibility to Conduct Business: Non-compliance with CE requirements can result in a suspension or even revocation of your cosmetology license, rendering you ineligible to conduct any cosmetology business in Georgia.
- Client Disputes: Failing to meet CE requirements may affect your professional credibility and may lead to disputes with clients who expect their cosmetology professionals to be well-informed and up-to-date on industry practices and regulations.
To avoid these negative consequences, it's essential to stay current with your CE requirements and complete the necessary CE hours within the specified time frame. Additionally, it's advisable to monitor CE deadlines and plan accordingly to ensure timely completion. If you encounter challenges or have questions regarding CE, it's a good practice to contact the Georgia State Board of Cosmetology or your education provider for guidance.
How do I register for an online continuing education course?
To register for an online continuing education course on anytimecertification.com, follow a few common steps:
- Search for Courses: From anytimecertification.com, navigate through the website to find the specific continuing education course you want to register for. You can browse by category to find the course you need.
- Select the Course: Click on the course you're interested in to view more details. This is where you'll find information about the course content, requirements, duration, and pricing.
- Register and Enroll: Look for a "Enroll Now," or "Sign Up" button on the course page. Click on it.
- Create an Account: You'll be asked to create an account if you don't already have one. This will involve creating a username and a password.
- Payment: At checkout you'll be prompted to make a payment with a credit cards.
- Confirmation: After completing the registration and payment, you should receive a confirmation email with details about the course, including access instructions.
- Access the Course: Log in to your account on the website to access the course materials and start your continuing education.
Will the Georgia Cosmetology and Barber Board receive my course completion hours?
Students must take personal responsibility for submitting their continuing education certificates as proof of completion to the Georgia State Board of Cosmetology and Barbers. Timely submission is crucial for compliance with licensing requirements and ensures smooth renewal processes. This proactive approach is essential for the recognition and documentation of educational achievements by the regulatory authorities overseeing the cosmetology and barbering profession in Georgia.
Is anytimecertification.com an approved Georgia State Board of Cosmetology and Barbers provider for continuing education?
Yes, Anytime Certification is an approved provider and is approved by the Georgia State Board of Cosmetology and Barbers. Our Provider License # is CEP-000231.
This signifies that they have diligently met the requirements and standards established by Georgia State Board of Cosmetology and Barbers to offer continuing education courses tailored for Cosmetologists and Barbers in Georgia.
Students can confidently rely on the courses provided by this institution to satisfy their continuing education.