3HR Infection Control and Safety
Ohio Cosmetology 3HR Infection Control and Safety
Anytime Certification’s Ohio Cosmetology 3HR Infection Control and Safety Course meets the 3-hour Sanitation Infection Control and Safety requirement for the current renewal period. This course is for all cosmetology license types and the course must be completed by January 15, 2025 for the current renewal cycle.
New for the current 2025 Renewal Period for All Cosmetologists!
The Ohio Cosmetology and Barber Board reduced the CE requirement for the current cycle to only 4 total CE hours- 3 hours of which must be in Infection Control and Safety.
This course will meet the current requirements as long as it is completed by January 15, 2025!
Read about this recent change on the Ohio board website
In addition, you will need to take the 1 hour of Board Laws and Rules which is only offered by the board.
Please see our FAQ section below for information on the required 1-hour Board Laws and Rules course.
Hassle-free Continuing Education!
Our course meets all of the requirements set by the Ohio State Cosmetology and Barber Board and is easy and convenient to complete! Simply register for the course and complete it anywhere that is convenient for you. This course is broken up into 3 easy to follow sections and there is a short quiz after each section to ensure full understanding of the material.
After completing the course, we will report your completed CE hours directly to CE Broker so you can renew your license without hassle! We will also email you a certificate of completion as soon as you complete your course, which you can maintain for your records.
The topics included in this course are:
- 2 hours of Sanitation and Sterilization
- 1 hour of HIV Aids
|Course Title:||Ohio Cosmetology 3HR Infection Control and Safety|
|Approved Course Number:||230002|
AnytimeCertification.com is approved to offer continuing education courses by the Ohio State Cosmetology and Barber Board.
1. Are you an approved provider of this course?
Yes! Anytime Certification is fully approved to provide this course and is approved by the Ohio State Cosmetology and Barber Board.
Our Provider Number is CEP-000016. Our Course Approval Number is 230002. Our CE Broker Tracking Number is 20-982020.
2. What cosmetology license types is this 3 hour course valid for?
This course will fulfill the current 3 hour Infection Control and Safety requirement for all cosmetology license types including the following:
- Advanced Cosmetologist
- Cosmetologist Instructor
- Managing Cosmetologist
- Advanced Esthetician
- Esthetician Instructor
- Managing Esthetician
- Advanced Manicurist
- Manicurist Instructor
- Managing Manicurist
- Hair Designer
- Advanced Hair Designer
- Hair Designer Instructor
- Managing Hair Designer
- Natural Hair Stylist
- Advanced Natural Hair Stylist
- Natural Hair Stylist Instructor
- Managing Natural Hair Stylist
- Boutique Services Registrant- Threading
- Boutique Services Registrant- Braiding
- Boutique Services Registrant- Makeup Artistry
- Boutique Services Registrant- Shampooing
3. What do I need to do in order to renew my Ohio cosmetology license?
In order to renew your Ohio cosmetology license, you must complete 4 hours of continuing education by January 15, 2025, as well as pay a renewal fee to the Ohio State Cosmetology and Barber Board on their eLicense website. You can create or login to your eLicense account on the board's eLicense website.
4. I thought I needed 4 total hours. Where do I take the additional one hour of Board Laws and Rules?
Yes, the requirement is 4 total hours. One hour of Board Laws and Rules is required in addition to this course and is only offered by the board. You can find information on how to take this course on the Ohio State Cosmetology and Barber Board website.
5. Will you report back to the board that I have completed my continuing education?
Yes, we will report back to the board that you have completed your continuing education hours.
6. Will you provide me with a certificate of completion?
Yes, as soon as you have completed the class, you will be able to download and email yourself a certificate of completion. This is just for your records as we will report back to the board that you have completed your continuing education hours.
7. What is CE Broker and do I need an account?
All of your CE hours will be reported through CE Broker. You should create an account with them in order to view your current CE hours. You can find more information on the Board website.
8. After I renew my Ohio Cosmetology license, will it be sent to me in the mail or by email?
The Ohio State Cosmetology and Barber Board will email you your renewed license within 30 days after you have completed all of your required CE and paid your renewal fee. It will be emailed to the email on file with them in your eLicense account. You can create or login to your eLicense account on the board's eLicense website.
9. Is anyone exempt from the Ohio cosmetology continuing education requirement?
Yes, there are 3 cases for which continuing education is not required:
- If you are age 65 or older by October 3, 2022 you do not need to take CE.
- If you have had your license with the board for at least 30 years by October 3, 2022 you do not need CE.
- If this is your first Ohio cosmetology license, you do not need CE for the first renewal period.
10. My Ohio cosmetology license is in an INACTIVE state, do I still need CE?
No- but you will be required to take your CE hours in order to restore your license from INACTIVE to ACTIVE. If you would like to start the process of restoring your license from INACTIVE to ACTIVE visit the Board website on INACTIVE licenses.
11. My Ohio cosmetology license is in a LAPSED state- what do I do?
If your license is in a LAPSED state that means you have not paid your renewal fees for 2 renewal periods in a row (4 years). To restore your license to ACTIVE state you will need to pay back all fees and take up to 24 hours of CE. If you would like to start the process of restoring your license to ACTIVE state, visit the Board website on license restoration.
12. Where can I find more information about the CE requirements for cosmetology or how to renew my license in Ohio?
Please visit the Ohio State Cosmetology and Barber Board for more information on Continuing Education and License Renewal.
For more information about cosmetology or barbers in Ohio, please visit the Ohio State Cosmetology and Barber Board website.
Easy to Complete
Simply register, purchase your course, and complete. All of our courses are structured in an easy to follow format.
Take your course anytime, anywhere. Our website is available 24/7 for you to complete your course.
Purchasing continuing education for your employees? We offer discounts starting with purchases of just 5 courses.
Same Day Certificate
A copy of the certificate of completion will be emailed to you immediately upon completion of the course.
Ohio Board Approved
Valid for all Ohio Cosmetologists.
We strive for excellence in customer service: if you are not 100% satisfied with our services, we will provide you with a refund.
You can register with an email address and a password. We may ask for more information after you purchase a course.Register Now
Got questions? We are here to help.